Orange Zone means gradual reopening of some facilities and community programming
Shopping — fitness — personal care — theatre venues open with restrictions
Above image: TAP archive Cobourg Community Centre
Effective February 16, the Town of Cobourg, within the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit (HKPRDHU) region moved into the ‘ORANGE’ Restrict Zone of the Province of Ontario’s COVID-19 Response Framework: Keeping Ontario Safe and Open as the Provincial ‘Stay-At-Home’ Order comes to an end.
The move will see the safe and gradual reopening of some municipal facilities and community programming.
The Cobourg Community Centre will safely and gradually begin to reopen to the public on Wednesday, February 17th from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. and will also begin to offer some community programming with safety protocols in place and in adherence to the ‘ORANGE’ Restrict Zone guidelines. All other municipal buildings will remain closed to the public unless an in-person appointment is requested until further notice.
Entry to Community Centre through Reservation only
Entry to the Cobourg Community Centre will be granted by reservation only, including spectators as the provincial guidelines within the framework dictate.
Only one (1) spectator per participant on the ice for a child 12 years of age and under (parent supervision) will be allowed and for anyone 13 years of age and older no spectators are allowed.
Reservations can be made online or by calling 905-372-7371.
“Although we are re-opening businesses and amenities and the provincial ‘Stay-At-Home’ Order has come to an end I want to strongly encourage the community to continue doing all that you can to stop the spread of COVID-19,” said Mayor John Henderson for the Town of Cobourg. “Let’s not let all the efforts to reduce the transmission of this virus over the last six weeks of the shutdown be for nothing.”
What Changes with the Move into the ‘ORANGE’ Restrict Zone? The following business and services can re-open but must follow strict COVID-19 restrictions including operating with reduced hours, limited numbers of people inside at a time, cleaning and physical distancing and mask protocols and screening customers. • Local restaurants/bars can reopen for in-person dining, while continuing to offer takeout, pick-up and delivery.
• Worship services, weddings and funerals can resume with limitations.
• Gyms and fitness clubs can again open their doors to members with limitations.
• In-person shopping can resume at retail stores and malls.
• Personal care services such as barbers, hairdressers, nail salons and tattoo studios can resume with restrictions. One is that services requiring the removal of face coverings cannot be offered.
• Movie theatres and performing arts centres can reopen for performances, with limits in place.
• Up to 10 people can gather indoors at private homes, backyards and parks between people from different households and up to 25 people can gather outdoors. Masks must be worn and the 2-metre physical distancing must be adhered to from anyone who is outside of one’s household. For more information and resources on the ‘ORANGE’ Restrict Zone please visit https://covid-19.ontario.ca/ or the HKPRDHU website www.hkpr.on.ca.
The Town of Cobourg has launched a dedicated COVID-19 webpage that includes program and service updates, news issued from the municipality and risk reduction advice. Updates will be posted to www.cobourg.ca/covid19 as they come in.
For local health unit updates visit the HKPRDHU’s website www.hkpr.on.ca. For provincial information including the status of cases visit www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus.