Constable Tammie Staples & Susan Behan who work together through Mental Health Engagement and Response Team (MHeart). Susan is a Social Worker with NHH and is one of our panelists for Tuesday’s talk.
5 Week Series with variety of speakers
With residents across Northumberland County instructed by the provincial government to stay at home as much as possible and many ‘snowbirds’ choosing not to make their usual trips to warmer climates this winter, Northumberland Hills Hospital (NHH) Foundation’s Planned Giving Committee is launching a virtual “House Calls” series.
Beginning Tuesday, January 26 at 2:00 p.m. and continuing each Tuesday for five consecutive weeks, each “House Call” will be one hour in length with a variety of speakers.
Each of the five virtual sessions have been designed to shine a light on an NHH service, program, or organization; showcase recent medical equipment purchased to demonstrate community donations at work; educate the audience on planned giving topics of interest; and provide an opportunity for social connection.
First on the list of topics to be covered is a feature on Mental Health, with the initial session planned in partnership with NHH Foundation’s Caring for Generations Society, who have hosted a ‘Mental Health Matters’ event for the past three years. Taking place the same week as the annual Bell Let’s Talk Day, this first “House Call” will feature a panel of speakers including numerous members of NHH’s Community Mental Health Services (NHHCMHS) team.
In addition to shining a light on recent community-funded equipment, future sessions will cover topics such as the role of the estate trustee, tips and tricks for planning your estate, opportunities to get involved with the NHH Auxiliary, and the vision for NHH’s future.
More information on these sessions can be found at www.NHHFoundation.ca/Events/House-calls and those interested in attending are invited to contact Wendy Bridgman at (905) 372-6811 ext. 3066 or email@example.com. Attendees will be asked to provide a phone number and email address and each week prior to the session, a Zoom link will be sent to all who have signed up.
- Session One: Mental Health on Tuesday, January 26 at 2:00 p.m. with members of NHH’s Community Mental Health Services Team
- Session Two: The Role of the Estate Trustee on Tuesday, February 2 at 2:00 p.m. with Lawyers Meaghan Adams and Bruce Coleman
- Session Three: Creative Ways to Give/Tips and Tricks for Planning Your Estate on Tuesday, February 9 at 2:00 p.m. with Lawyer Alison Lester, Chartered Professional Accountant Kerry Lynch, and Financial Planner John Racine
- Session Four: Our Vision for the Future on Tuesday, February 16 at 2:00 p.m. with NHH President and CEO Linda Davis, NHH Chief of Staff Dr. Mukesh Bhargava, and NHH Foundation Executive Director Rhonda Cunningham
- Session Five: Introduction to NHH Auxiliary on Tuesday, February 23 at 2:00 p.m. with NHH Auxiliary President Marg Hillborn, NHH Director of Volunteers Brenda Worsnop, and Auxiliary Volunteers